Calif. deputies fatally shoot suspected drunk driver
By Gregor McGavin
The Press Enterprise
Residents of a quiet Home Gardens cul-de-sac were still in shock Wednesday, hours after Riverside County sheriff's deputies shot and killed a suspected drunken driver authorities say tried to ram a patrol car.
Yellow crime-scene tape remained up as investigators probed the scene of the shooting on April Drive and September Way for much of the day. Though the shooting took place about 11:40 p.m. Tuesday, residents of a half-dozen homes were still unable to get past the sheriff's barrier for the Wednesday morning commute.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help