Nev. deputy shot while serving search warrant
The Associated Press
Sheriff Kenny Furlong said gunfire was exchanged after officers arrived at the home on North fall Street shortly before 3 a.m.
Deputy Josh Stagliano was hit by a bullet on his left wrist and underwent surgery, Furlong said.
"The officer is doing well," the sheriff said, "and we do expect him to recover."
Stagliano, 27, has been with the department for five years.
Furlong said two of three people in the house at the time of the shooting were arrested.
Lillian Meyer and Mark Fiddler were booked on unspecified charges.
A third person in the home was questioned and released, Furlong said.
Because of the shooting, the Nevada Department of Public Safety was brought in to handle the investigation, the sheriff's office said.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help