N.Y. man with blade shot by officers during bank heist
By Christopher Faherty
The New York Sun
An attempted bank robbery was thwarted in Brooklyn Heights yesterday morning when police shot a knife-wielding suspect in the abdomen, police officials said.
Customers and employees fled a Citibank branch at 181 Montague St. in the heart of Brooklyn's court district as a suspect wildly slashed the air with a six-inch blade, a witness, Ronald Pritchard, said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests