N.Y. man with blade shot by officers during bank heist
By Christopher Faherty
The New York Sun
An attempted bank robbery was thwarted in Brooklyn Heights yesterday morning when police shot a knife-wielding suspect in the abdomen, police officials said.
Customers and employees fled a Citibank branch at 181 Montague St. in the heart of Brooklyn's court district as a suspect wildly slashed the air with a six-inch blade, a witness, Ronald Pritchard, said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house