N.Y. man with blade shot by officers during bank heist
By Christopher Faherty
The New York Sun
An attempted bank robbery was thwarted in Brooklyn Heights yesterday morning when police shot a knife-wielding suspect in the abdomen, police officials said.
Customers and employees fled a Citibank branch at 181 Montague St. in the heart of Brooklyn's court district as a suspect wildly slashed the air with a six-inch blade, a witness, Ronald Pritchard, said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms