Neb. police fatally shoot man with knife lunging at woman
By Lynn Safranek
Copyright 2007 The Omaha World-Herald Company
A crazed Omaha man was lunging with a large knife at a woman when an Omaha police officer shot and killed him Wednesday, Police Chief Thomas Warren said today.
Officer Jerry Kassen fired a single gunshot at Robert Ventry, 20, in the right side of the chest, killing him, Warren said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms