Ore. chief clears officers in disputed death
MAXINE BERNSTEIN, The Oregonian
Copyright 2005 The Oregonian
All Rights Reserved
Portland Police Chief Derrick Foxworth concluded that former Officer Jason Sery's use of deadly force in the March 2004 fatal shooting of James Jahar Perez fell within Portland Police Bureau policy, according to a report issued Monday.
The chief also found that Officer Sean Macomber's use of a Taser during the same encounter with Perez also met police policy.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ore. chief clears officers in disputed death
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman