Ill. officer poses as pizza driver, kills robber
A 15-year-old boy was fatally shot by police on the South Side late Saturday after he allegedly tried to rob an undercover detective posing as a pizza delivery driver.
Another suspect was also shot by police and a third male, believed to be a suspect who fled the scene, is in police custody.
The 15-year-old was identitfied as Lazeric Wood, of the 8100 block of S. Homan Ave., according to the Cook County Medical Examiner's office. Wood, who, according to the medical examiner's office was shot on the 8000 block of S. Spaulding Ave., was pronounced dead at 3:30 a.m. at the Stein Institute.
The shooting occurred as police have been investigating an existing pattern of robberies of food delivery drivers...Full Story
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform