Shot NYPD officer recovering; says he wants to continue on force
By Luis Perez
The plainclothes Brooklyn cop allegedly shot and wounded by a fellow officer's husband told relatives he "wants to continue to do his job" yesterday, as prosecutors leveled charges against the couple.
Police Officer Andrew Suarez, 25, was alert and in stable condition at New York Methodist Hospital, a day after the Saturday shooting in which two bullets were fired into his unmarked car, one striking him in the upper back, police said. He is expected to recover fully.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy