Md. officer fatally shoots man reaching for gun
By Nick Shields
The Baltimore Sun
Police serving a warrant early yesterday at an eastern Baltimore County home as part of a homicide investigation shot and killed the suspect's father, authorities said.
The shooting occurred about 5 a.m., after tactical unit officers entered the residence of a suspect in the death of a Dundalk man, Baltimore County police said. Another man in the house reached for a gun and refused police demands to stop, and an officer fired several shots, hitting the man at least once, county police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Md. officer fatally shoots man reaching for gun
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house