La. suspect is fatally shot; Driver tried to run over deputies
By Michelle Hunter
Two Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputies investigating a tip about a drug deal early Wednesday opened fire on a car after the driver tried to run both over, officials said. The driver was killed and a passenger wounded, they said.
The identity of the man killed just after 3 a.m. in the 300 block of Iris Avenue in Jefferson was not available Wednesday evening. The coroner's office had the name but was trying to locate the man's next-of-kin.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy