La. suspect is fatally shot; Driver tried to run over deputies
By Michelle Hunter
Two Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputies investigating a tip about a drug deal early Wednesday opened fire on a car after the driver tried to run both over, officials said. The driver was killed and a passenger wounded, they said.
The identity of the man killed just after 3 a.m. in the 300 block of Iris Avenue in Jefferson was not available Wednesday evening. The coroner's office had the name but was trying to locate the man's next-of-kin.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms