Two arrested in connnection with killing of British officer
The Associated Press
NEWPORT, Wales- Police hunting the killers of a policewoman in northern England on Monday arrested two men in the south Wales town of Newport.
The arrests came at the end of a two-day operation in the Maindee area of Newport, where police from the Gwent and North Yorkshire forces cordoned off streets and evacuated local residents.
The men will now be taken to West Yorkshire for questioning, police said.
West Yorkshire Police say they are still hunting for 25-year-old Mustafa Jama in connection with Beshenivsky's killing.
Jama's brother Yusuf Jama, 19, has already appeared in court charged with murder.
Beshenivsky, 38, a new recruit, was gunned down as she investigated a robbery in the center of Bradford on Nov. 18.
Her colleague, Constable Teresa Milburn, 37, was seriously injured in the same incident.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms