Update: Pa. troopers killers still at large
PITTSBURGH- A Pennsylvania state trooper was slain during a traffic stop on the Parkway West (Interstate 279), WTAE Channel 4's Jon Greiner reported.
Cpl. Joe Pokorny stopped a car near the Carnegie exit of the highway at about 2 a.m. Monday, police said. He was shot after what police called "a violent struggle" with the occupants.
Pokorny, 45, of Moon Township, was found on the ground outside his car by a Carnegie police officer who happened upon the scene a few minutes after the shooting.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman