Man charged in Pa. cop killing
State police yesterday charged Leslie Mollett in the slaying of state police Cpl. Joseph Pokorny.
The arrest was announced last night by state police Maj. Frank Monaco at a news conference at county police headquarters in Point Breeze.
Maj. Monaco said Mr. Mollett, 30, a recent state prison parolee, would be charged with criminal homicide, theft by taking, resisting arrest, attempting to elude police and firearms violations. Cpl. Pokorny, a 22-year state police veteran, was shot to death early Monday near the Extended StayAmerica hotel in Carnegie.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy