Man charged in Pa. cop killing
State police yesterday charged Leslie Mollett in the slaying of state police Cpl. Joseph Pokorny.
The arrest was announced last night by state police Maj. Frank Monaco at a news conference at county police headquarters in Point Breeze.
Maj. Monaco said Mr. Mollett, 30, a recent state prison parolee, would be charged with criminal homicide, theft by taking, resisting arrest, attempting to elude police and firearms violations. Cpl. Pokorny, a 22-year state police veteran, was shot to death early Monday near the Extended StayAmerica hotel in Carnegie.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help