Ill. cops on leave after killing doughnut shop robber
Courtney Greve, Daily Southtown
Copyright 2005 Chicago Sun-Times, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
Two Midlothian police officers went on paid leave Monday as State Police began investigating the officers' decision to gun down an alleged robber who climbed through a doughnut shop's drive-up window and pistol-whipped an employee.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic