S.C. deputy shoots fugitive after manhunt
By NITA BIRMINGHAM
The Post and Courier
The Sheriff's Office didn't identify the deputy or the wounded man, who was in stable condition at Medical University Hospital, First Sgt. Mike Miller said.
Deputies had chased the car at speeds up to 80 mph from Berkeley County to Ridgeville. At one point, the driver of a white Crown Victoria was going the wrong way on Interstate 26, Berkeley sheriff's Capt. Anthony Phyall said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: S.C. deputy shoots fugitive after manhunt
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help