Police fatally shoot man wanted in South L.A. robberies
Los Angeles Times
A 26-year-old man being sought in connection with a series of South Los Angeles robberies was shot to death Sunday afternoon by a police officer after a brief foot chase, authorities said.
Mike Lopez, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department, said the suspect was shot after allegedly pointing a handgun at two officers who were running after him near Exposition Park.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help