Police fatally shoot man wanted in South L.A. robberies
Los Angeles Times
A 26-year-old man being sought in connection with a series of South Los Angeles robberies was shot to death Sunday afternoon by a police officer after a brief foot chase, authorities said.
Mike Lopez, a spokesman for the Los Angeles Police Department, said the suspect was shot after allegedly pointing a handgun at two officers who were running after him near Exposition Park.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house