Man shot by CHP after 'bizarre' attack
By Henry K. Lee
The San Francisco Chronicle
A California Highway Patrol officer shot and wounded a man who allegedly drove his SUV into a stopped car and attacked the officer early Sunday, authorities said.
About 3:20 a.m., two CHP officers stopped a driver they suspected was drunk in a red Nissan Sentra near Hesperian and Lewelling boulevards in San Lorenzo, an unincorporated community east of Oakland.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Man shot by CHP after 'bizarre' attack
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms