SF police shoot man wielding 2 butcher knives
San Francisco Chronicle
By Demian Bulwa and Marisa Lagos, Chronicle Staff Writer
Two men died -- one after being shot by police and another after being stabbed in his apartment -- in the South of Market neighborhood this morning in possibly connected incidents.
The man killed by police was shot around 4:30 a.m. after he came toward two officers wielding two large butcher knives, said Sgt. Neville Gittens. The other victim, a man who lived at a low-income housing building about a block away, was stabbed in his studio apartment around 4 a.m., according to the building's owner and police.
The Medical Examiner's office has not yet released the identity of the man who was shot, pending notification of his family.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: SF police shoot man wielding 2 butcher knives
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house