Tenn. officer shoots man with gun, bomb-making materials
By CLAY CAREY, Staff Writer
When police arrived, they found Gregory Dayton, 54, a resident of the apartment complex, in the hallway, armed with a gun.
Dayton "did not respond to verbal commands by officers" and when he presented the gun, one officer shot him, according to the release. He was taken to a local hospital, where he died later that night.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman