Calif. sheriffs fatally shoot suspect at home
P-1 Editor's Note -- The domestic incident below is yet another reminder of the importance of training for edged weapon confrontation. Here, the officer verbally challenged the subject clearly and repeatedly.
This is often overlooked in training, which is why high level simulations and confrontational exercises are vital to officers in training -- especially regarding deadly force situations."
By Marisa Lagos
The San Francisco Chronicle
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. sheriffs fatally shoot suspect at home
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic