Calif. sheriffs fatally shoot suspect at home
P-1 Editor's Note -- The domestic incident below is yet another reminder of the importance of training for edged weapon confrontation. Here, the officer verbally challenged the subject clearly and repeatedly.
This is often overlooked in training, which is why high level simulations and confrontational exercises are vital to officers in training -- especially regarding deadly force situations."
By Marisa Lagos
The San Francisco Chronicle
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. sheriffs fatally shoot suspect at home
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court