Shoot-out leaves Mass. officer wounded, suspect dead
Springfield Republican (Massachusetts)
By PATRICK JOHNSON
Related Story: Wounded Mass. officer praised
SPRINGFIELD - A Springfield police officer was wounded by a suspect who was then killed by police in a shoot-out at 126 Malden St. yesterday afternoon, officials said.
Police officer David M. Askins, 37, appointed to the force in 1993, was shot in the leg by Brevoort, said Springfield Police Commissioner Edward A. Flynn.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- No charges for Charlotte officer who fatally shot Keith Lamont Scott
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Fla. woman urinates, defecates in patrol car after throwing dog into traffic