Shoot-out leaves Mass. officer wounded, suspect dead
Springfield Republican (Massachusetts)
By PATRICK JOHNSON
Related Story: Wounded Mass. officer praised
SPRINGFIELD - A Springfield police officer was wounded by a suspect who was then killed by police in a shoot-out at 126 Malden St. yesterday afternoon, officials said.
Police officer David M. Askins, 37, appointed to the force in 1993, was shot in the leg by Brevoort, said Springfield Police Commissioner Edward A. Flynn.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house