Shoot-out leaves Mass. officer wounded, suspect dead
Springfield Republican (Massachusetts)
By PATRICK JOHNSON
Related Story: Wounded Mass. officer praised
SPRINGFIELD - A Springfield police officer was wounded by a suspect who was then killed by police in a shoot-out at 126 Malden St. yesterday afternoon, officials said.
Police officer David M. Askins, 37, appointed to the force in 1993, was shot in the leg by Brevoort, said Springfield Police Commissioner Edward A. Flynn.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- ND bill protects drivers who negligently hit protesters obstructing traffic
- Slain Fla. officer's patrol car vandalized
- Minn. lawmakers chart new course in response to OIS protests
- Video: Calif. police fatally shoot man, face wrongful death lawsuit
- Trump hosts LE at White House, pledges support for police