Texas game warden dies after being shot during chase
By Paige Hewitt
The Houston Chronicle
WHARTON COUNTY, Texas — A Texas Parks and Wildlife game warden was fatally shot in Wharton County early Saturday after he and other officials chased and tried to apprehend a suspected illegal hunter, who was expected to be charged with capital murder.
Justin Hurst, of El Campo, who turned 34 the day he was killed, is survived by his wife, Amanda, and 4-month-old son, Kyle.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms