San Antonio man fatally shot by officers after pointing gun
By Brian Chasnoff
San Antonio Express-News
SAN ANTONIO — In the first officer-involved shooting this year, police shot and killed a 23-year-old man they say had just robbed a Northeast Side video store late Friday — the same day another man died after struggling with two officers.
Police said Deon Johnson pointed a handgun at two officers who were pursuing him and two other suspects as they fled the store.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help