Glass injures one, as N.J. cop fires in brawl
JERSEY CITY, N.J. — A Jersey City police officer fired a shot through the window of a car - injuring a passenger with broken glass - after responding to reports of a street brawl in Greenville yesterday morning, police reports said.
The unidentified officer responded to the fight with the gun drawn, Hudson County Prosecutor Edward DeFazio said. The police officer was then bumped or jostled and the gun went off, according to preliminary reports.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Glass injures one, as N.J. cop fires in brawl
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court