Police fatally shoot man in downtown St. Louis
By Joel Currier
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Police shot and killed a man Tuesday night after he opened fire on two uniformed officers downtown, just outside the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, authorities said.
Two police officers tried to stop the man and two companions about 7 p.m. near Broadway and Locust Street because they looked suspicious, said Police Chief Joe Mokwa. The man was clutching his waistband in a way that suggested he might have been concealing a weapon, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police fatally shoot man in downtown St. Louis
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help