Police fatally shoot man in downtown St. Louis
By Joel Currier
St. Louis Post-Dispatch
ST. LOUIS — Police shot and killed a man Tuesday night after he opened fire on two uniformed officers downtown, just outside the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, authorities said.
Two police officers tried to stop the man and two companions about 7 p.m. near Broadway and Locust Street because they looked suspicious, said Police Chief Joe Mokwa. The man was clutching his waistband in a way that suggested he might have been concealing a weapon, police said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Police fatally shoot man in downtown St. Louis
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds