L.A. police fatally shoot man coming at them with metal rod
By Andrew Blankstein
Los Angeles Times
Also Read: Pipe-wielding man shot, killed by Calif. officer
LOS ANGELES — Los Angeles police officers responding to a kidnapping in the San Fernando Valley shot and killed a man who came at them with a metal rod, department officials said Tuesday.
John Eric Goudeaux, 45, of Van Nuys was pronounced dead at a hospital, said Craig Harvey of the coroner's office. No officers were injured.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms