LAPD officer fatally shoots motorist in scuffle after pedestrian hit
By Andrew Blankstein
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — A motorist who slammed into several cars and hit a woman in a crosswalk in North Hills was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon during a struggle with a Los Angeles police officer.
The man, who was not immediately identified, was pronounced dead at the scene after being shot by the officer, Sgt. Lee Sands said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help