LAPD officer fatally shoots motorist in scuffle after pedestrian hit
By Andrew Blankstein
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES — A motorist who slammed into several cars and hit a woman in a crosswalk in North Hills was shot and killed Wednesday afternoon during a struggle with a Los Angeles police officer.
The man, who was not immediately identified, was pronounced dead at the scene after being shot by the officer, Sgt. Lee Sands said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy