Va. officer shoots suspect in robbery
By Steve Stone
NORFOLK, Va. — A plainclothes police officer who happened upon a robbery at a gas station late Sunday shot and critically wounded a man with whom he exchanged gunfire . The officer was not hurt.
Officer Chris Amos, a police spokesman, said today that the incident occurred just before 11 p.m. at the Shell station convenience store in the 7700 block of Granby St. in Wards Corner.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Va. officer shoots suspect in robbery
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help