Ill. man fatally shot by police following bank robbery
By Ron Ingram
Herald & Review
DECATUR, Ill. — A 48-year-old Decatur man is jailed and his 27-year-old son is dead after they and a third man allegedly robbed the main office of Soy Capital Bank & Trust Co., 1501 E. Eldorado St., about 8:50 a.m. Wednesday.
Jerrell L. Chism was pronounced dead at 9:29 a.m. Wednesday in the St. Mary's Hospital emergency room, where he was taken after being shot in a confrontation with Decatur police officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman