Ill. man fatally shot by police following bank robbery
By Ron Ingram
Herald & Review
DECATUR, Ill. — A 48-year-old Decatur man is jailed and his 27-year-old son is dead after they and a third man allegedly robbed the main office of Soy Capital Bank & Trust Co., 1501 E. Eldorado St., about 8:50 a.m. Wednesday.
Jerrell L. Chism was pronounced dead at 9:29 a.m. Wednesday in the St. Mary's Hospital emergency room, where he was taken after being shot in a confrontation with Decatur police officers.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court