N.Y. troopers shot during hunt for suspect
The Associated Press
MARGARETVILLE, N.Y. — Two state troopers were shot Wednesday morning in this Catskill Mountains community as police closed in on a suspect in the shooting of another trooper hours earlier, authorities said.
A state police spokesman said the two troopers were flown by helicopter to a hospital and the extent of their injuries was not immediately known, the Times Union of Albany reported.
The hunt for the suspect started after Trooper Matthew Gombosi was shot in the torso during a traffic stop in the Margaretville area on Tuesday. Police said his body armor saved him from serious injury.
Margaretville is about 65 miles southwest of Albany.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman