Baltimore officer kills suspected gang member
By Justin Fenton
The Baltimore Sun
BALTIMORE, Md. — A Baltimore police officer shot and killed a suspected gang member early this morning in West Baltimore after he ran away from police and drew a small-caliber revolver, according to police.
The officer, an 11-year veteran who was not identified yesterday, initially responded to another officer's call for assistance at about 12:10 a.m. at the corner of Smallwood Street and West North Avenue, said Donny Moses, a police spokesman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Baltimore officer kills suspected gang member
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help