Baltimore officer kills suspected gang member
By Justin Fenton
The Baltimore Sun
BALTIMORE, Md. — A Baltimore police officer shot and killed a suspected gang member early this morning in West Baltimore after he ran away from police and drew a small-caliber revolver, according to police.
The officer, an 11-year veteran who was not identified yesterday, initially responded to another officer's call for assistance at about 12:10 a.m. at the corner of Smallwood Street and West North Avenue, said Donny Moses, a police spokesman.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Baltimore officer kills suspected gang member
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy