Calif. deputy kills man who reportedly fired on him
From Times Staff Reports
Los Angeles Times
LOS ANGELES, Ca. — A Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy shot and killed a man early Saturday after he pointed and fired a gun at the deputy after a traffic stop, authorities said.
According to sheriff's officials, the shooting occurred at Muriel Avenue and Pixley Street about 1:15 a.m. after the 21-year-old, who has not been identified, made an illegal U-turn in a pickup truck.
The deputy pulled the truck over, officials said, but as he walked up to the vehicle, it sped off. A short time later, the deputy saw the pickup stopped at a corner.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house