Calif. officer shot, wounded; suspect killed
Second fatal officer-involved shooting in Oakland this year
By Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
San Francisco Chronicle
OAKLAND, Calif. — An Oakland police motorcycle officer was shot and wounded early today and a suspect was shot dead after a traffic stop early this morning in East Oakland, police said as a search for a second suspect continued into the afternoon.
The spontaneous nature of the sideshows which are staged on interstates, in deserted parking lots (like the one shown here in Stockton, Calif., July 2006), and on downtown streets keeps police guessing. Departments have spent millions in overtime policing the outlaw rallies. (AP Photo/Omar Vega)
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Calif. officer shot, wounded; suspect killed
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court