Illinois officer shoots colleague during pit bull run-in
By Mark Shuman
Special to the Chicago Tribune
P1 News Report: Mass. officer accidently shot while battling pit bull
ELGIN, Ill. — An Elgin policeman accidentally shot another Elgin policeman in the leg this afternoon as the two were trying to serve an arrest warrant at an apartment where the only resident at the time was a pit bull.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help