Plainclothes officer shot twice in South Baltimore
By Gus G. Sentementes
A 28-year-old plainclothes city police officer was shot twice in the chest this afternoon in the Westport neighborhood of South Baltimore and underwent emergency surgery at Maryland Shock Trauma Center, police officials said.
Dante Hemingway, a seven-year veteran assigned to the vice unit in the Organized Crime Division, was in critical condition after surgery, Police Commissioner Leonard Hamm said at a news conference late this afternoon.
Police said another man -- described as a person of interest -- was shot in the leg and also was being treated at Shock Trauma. Investigators said it was unclear how that man got shot...
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds