Undercover Minn. officer shot in both legs in road rage incident
COON RAPIDS, Minn. — Authorities say an undercover Robbinsdale police officer was shot in both legs during an incident in Coon Rapids this afternoon.
Investigators are trying to determine what led to the shooting.
Coon Rapids Deputy Police Chief Tim Snell says he didn't know why the Robbinsdale officer was in Coon Rapids.
Police say the man and woman who were in the SUV were taken into custody at a nearby gas station across Highway Ten where they went to phone authorities to report the incident.
The wounded officer is reported in satisfactory condition at Hennepin County Medical Center in Minneapolis. His name isn't being released because he works undercover.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house