Chicago police shoot armed teen
By Steve Patterson
The Chicago Sun-Times
CHICAGO — It was a stupid argument over nothing, really, another war of words between a stubborn teenage boy and his difficult father, relatives said.
Derrick Traylor Sr. went to get his gun, while Derrick Traylor Jr. fled the family house near 71st and Halsted.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Chicago police shoot armed teen
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms