Supect grabs Tenn. deputy's gun, shoots at her
The Associated Press
Read the P1 Tip: Using a suspect's weight to prevent disarming
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. — Authorities said a woman wrestled a deputy's gun from her and then fired shots the deputy before she was subdued.
Authorities said Bailey was ramming her van into a gate outside a home.
The deputy was not hurt and Bailey was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and domestic violence.
Investigators said Bailey fired two shots before the deputy sprayed her with pepper spray and was able to recover the gun.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman