Supect grabs Tenn. deputy's gun, shoots at her
The Associated Press
Read the P1 Tip: Using a suspect's weight to prevent disarming
CLARKSVILLE, Tenn. — Authorities said a woman wrestled a deputy's gun from her and then fired shots the deputy before she was subdued.
Authorities said Bailey was ramming her van into a gate outside a home.
The deputy was not hurt and Bailey was charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and domestic violence.
Investigators said Bailey fired two shots before the deputy sprayed her with pepper spray and was able to recover the gun.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court