Baltimore officer slashed; assault suspect shot
By Rona Marech
The Baltimore Sun
BALTIMORE, Md. — Police chased and shot a man after he slashed a police officer in the face yesterday afternoon in West Baltimore, police spokesman Troy Harris said.
The incident started about 3 p.m. when four undercover officers who had been investigating drug activity on Normount Court saw a man acting suspiciously at Belmont Avenue and Bloomingdale Road. When they approached, the man pulled out a blade and cut one of the officers, leaving a deep gash in his face, Harris said. The four officers chased him on foot. As they closed in, the man tried to swipe the same officer with the blade a second time.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Baltimore officer slashed; assault suspect shot
- Edged Weapons
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds