Suspect arrested in Balt. officer shootings
The Baltimore Sun
2 Balt. officers shot responding to gambling call
BALTIMORE — Baltimore police said yesterday that information from neighborhood residents enabled them to quickly find and arrest a 26-year-old East Baltimore man who they believe opened fire on a police cruiser and wounded two officers.
"From the beginning we were getting very good cooperation from local residents — helping their Police Department to identify the suspect and recover evidence," said acting Commissioner Frederick H. Bealefeld III at a brief news conference yesterday. "When we get [cooperation] the results speak for themselves."
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suspect arrested in Balt. officer shootings
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house