Three officers wounded by gunfire outside Va. station
The Associated Press
CHANTILLY, Virginia- A gunman opened fire outside a suburban Washington police station wounding three officers before he was shot and killed by police, authorities said.
Fairfax County police officer Rich Henry said the gunman opened fire in a back parking lot. It was unclear whether he had an accomplice, so authorities blocked roads throughout the area and locked down nearby buildings, including a high school.
Police department spokesman Lt. Mike Fish said the mid-afternoon shootings occurred at the Sully District Station. Two officers were taken to a hospital, but authorities would not release their names or details of their injuries.
The gunman's name was not disclosed.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Del. trooper killed, suspect barricaded in house