Fla. officer fatally shot checking suspicious license plate; 2nd fatal shooting in 5 days
Second Broward County off shot in 5 days.
Officer Down: Sergeant Christopher Reyka
By Sallie James, Andrew Tran, Dianna Cahn, Melissa Hoyos and Joel Marino | Sun-Sentinel.com
POMPANO BEACH - The Broward Sheriff's Office offered a $70,000 reward for the gunman who shot and killed a deputy early Friday in Pompano Beach, the second shooting of a Broward deputy this week.
The deputy was identified as Sgt. Chris Reyka, 51, of Wellington. Early reports said that he had been shot in the head.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Okla. chief defends cop after TASER threat sparks controversy, video released
- 2 words that should never appear in your police report
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert
- NYPD: Train worker refused to open gate for cop pursuing shoplifter
- Officer makes history as NYPD's first female counter-sniper