Suicidal Md. man fatally shot by police
By Gus G. Sentementes
The Baltimore Sun
PARKVILLE, Md. — Baltimore County police said that officers fatally shot a suicidal man who shined a flashlight and pointed a handgun at them in Parkville early yesterday, though the man's father said police told him the weapon his son had been holding was a pellet gun.
A news release issued by the county Police Department yesterday morning stated that officers spoke with Rothstein, who told them he was carrying a handgun and also had another gun and knives.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Suicidal Md. man fatally shot by police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court