Chicago police kill man, are pelted with rocks by witnesses
Copyright 2006 Chicago Sun-Times, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
The Chicago Sun-Times
Chicago Police officers shot and killed a man on the city's West Side Tuesday night, triggering a backlash from witnesses who began pelting officers with rocks.
Police and witnesses on the block gave conflicting accounts of the 8:15 p.m. shooting in the 1100 block of North Montecello in Humboldt Park.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- AG Lynch: US must hold police accountable
- DC officers cannot record inauguration demonstrators
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help