Calif. deputy shot while serving warrant; suspect arrested
By Brian Day
The Whittier Daily News
MONTEBELLO, Calif. — A sheriff's SWAT team deputy was shot Wednesday while serving a search warrant, officials said.
A man was arrested in connection with the shooting, which occurred just after 6:30 p.m. in the 900 block of Orcutt Drive in Montebello, said Los Angeles County sheriff's Deputy Tony Moore. The deputy had been treated and released as of Thursday morning, authorities said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Video: Deputy shoots armed man who charged at him during traffic stop
- Va. sheriff’s office forced to remove 'blessed are the peacemakers' decals
- Judge haunted by release of man in deadly Ohio shootings
- Off-duty cop helps detain man who tried to break cockpit door mid-flight
- UK police: 19 dead, roughly 50 injured after explosion at Ariana Grande concert