NYPD officer wounded; shot may have come from would-be sniper
The Associated Press
NEW YORK — A bullet, possibly fired from a rooftop, grazed a police officer's arm early Friday as he drove past a large apartment complex in Brooklyn.
Police said later Friday that they had not yet identified a suspect.
The officer, who was riding in a marked patrol car when he was hit, was treated at a Brooklyn hospital and released.
Hundreds of police officers were involved in the search at the complex, which has 13 seven-story buildings, and 894 apartments.
Copyright Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help
- Texas cops don cowboy hats with uniforms