Ex-sniper accused of firing at Ala. police
By Guy Busby
The Press Register
LOXLEY, Ala. — A man described as a former Marine sniper fired at two police officers answering a call to his home Sunday, starting a standoff that lasted almost four hours, authorities said.
Edward Eugene Lichty, 41, was being held for observation at South Baldwin Regional Medical Center on Sunday, said Baldwin County Sheriff Huey "Hoss" Mack Jr. Lichty is accused of firing on two Loxley officers with a rifle when the two responded to a call at his home on Loxley Woods Lane, Mack said.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ex-sniper accused of firing at Ala. police
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy