Ill. police shooting of naked man 'justified'
Dan Rozek, The Chicago Sun-Times
Copyright 2006 Chicago Sun-Times, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
The fatal shooting of an unarmed, naked man by a Glen Ellyn police officer was "tragic" but justified because of the man's violent attacks on his infant son and the police officer, DuPage County State's Attorney Joseph Birkett said Wednesday.
Benjamin Uwumarogie died April 26 after being shot once in the head by Officer Jason Bradley, who had answered a 911 call reporting domestic violence at Uwumarogie's Glen Ellyn apartment.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. police shooting of naked man 'justified'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Video: Alleged Fla. cop killer refuses lawyer, shouts profanities in court
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help