Ill. police shooting of naked man 'justified'
Dan Rozek, The Chicago Sun-Times
Copyright 2006 Chicago Sun-Times, Inc.
All Rights Reserved
The fatal shooting of an unarmed, naked man by a Glen Ellyn police officer was "tragic" but justified because of the man's violent attacks on his infant son and the police officer, DuPage County State's Attorney Joseph Birkett said Wednesday.
Benjamin Uwumarogie died April 26 after being shot once in the head by Officer Jason Bradley, who had answered a 911 call reporting domestic violence at Uwumarogie's Glen Ellyn apartment.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Full story: Ill. police shooting of naked man 'justified'
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- Sheriff: Suspect opened fire on Texas deputy’s children, home in 'attack'
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- Facing massive officer shortage, Ariz. agencies looking to hire hundreds