Calif. police fatally shoot weapon-brandishing suspect
By Henry K. Lee
San Francisco Chronicle
RICHMOND, Calif. — A Richmond police officer shot and killed a shooting suspect Monday night, authorities said.
The officer-involved shooting happened at about 8 p.m. on the 300 block of 6th Street near Nevin Park. Moments earlier, the officer was on patrol when shots rang out near 7th Street and Nevin Avenue.
Copyright © 2013 LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- DC cops' body cams won't be on while they monitor inauguration demonstrators
- Slain Fla. officer's cuffs used to arrest suspect
- Pa. cop sues Wal-Mart over termination for carrying gun on duty
- Pa. troopers union criticizes plan to scrap lie-detector tests for recruits
- Details emerge in shooting of Ariz. trooper by driver he sought to help