Mich. man fatally shot after running down police officer
By Gina Damron
The Detroit Free Press
Read P1 News Report: Calif. car thief shot after trying to run over police
DETROIT, Mich. — A Southfield police officer shot and killed a 25-year-old man who, police say, drove his vehicle at the officer during a traffic stop Thursday evening.
The man — whose name has not yet been released — was treated by Southfield Fire Department paramedics at the scene and transported to Providence Hospital in Southfield, where he died.
A 21-year-old man from Redford, riding as a passenger in the car being driven by the 25-year-old, was not injured.
Police said it’s unknown whether drugs or alcohol were involved. The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright 2007 Detroit Free Press
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- 84-year-old cop retires after 61 years on force
- Wash. officer shot multiple times during domestic call dies
- Retired RI cop helps Fla. trooper under attack
- Police: Marksman fatally shot Wash. cop killer who was using child as shield
- Photo: Son of slain Mo. cop receives teddy bears made from dad’s uniform