Mich. man fatally shot after running down police officer
By Gina Damron
The Detroit Free Press
Read P1 News Report: Calif. car thief shot after trying to run over police
DETROIT, Mich. — A Southfield police officer shot and killed a 25-year-old man who, police say, drove his vehicle at the officer during a traffic stop Thursday evening.
The man — whose name has not yet been released — was treated by Southfield Fire Department paramedics at the scene and transported to Providence Hospital in Southfield, where he died.
A 21-year-old man from Redford, riding as a passenger in the car being driven by the 25-year-old, was not injured.
Police said it’s unknown whether drugs or alcohol were involved. The investigation is ongoing.
Copyright 2007 Detroit Free Press
Recommended for you
Join the discussion
PoliceOne top 5
- After HOA demands pro-cop flag taken down, family shows support for LE in a different way
- Video: SC motorcycle pursuit ends in fatal wreck
- 50 to 60 teens swarm Calif. train, rob weekend riders
- 10 ways law enforcement ruined me as a woman
- Video: Mo. governor completes SWAT challenge in honor of slain deputy